The E-Learning Team recommends that all instructors install the Moodle Course Template (a pre-formatted pattern that incorporates online course design best-practices) in their course(s). The template is intended as a time-saver for instructors, but it also ensures consistency in course design to reduce unnecessary structural stress for students. Take a tour of the new Moodle Templates.
[NOTE: This article covers how to install the Standard Moodle Template. If you are choosing the Grid Format Template, please refer to these special directions.]
- The template includes resources useful to students (e.g., information about how to access technical help, etc.) as well as a generic course outline.
- In the course into which you want to import the Template, scroll down to the "Archive" block. Click the + sign to open the block.
- On the next screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Continue."
- In the next step, the proper button will already be checked (you want to "Merge the backup course into this course"). Click "Continue."
- Then click "Next"
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Next."
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page yet again, and click "Perform restore." It may take a few minutes for the template to be installed. When it is done, you will receive a message confirming this. Click "Continue," and it will return you to the main page of the course where you will be able to use the template to build your course.