It has been commonly reported that Macs running Mountain Lion are struggling to connect to printers on campus.
If you are struggling with this same problem, this guide could really help you! Follow the steps below, which include the normal process to connecting to Augsburg printer software in addition to a few extra steps that will prepare your Mountain Lion machine to be ready to print!
How do I know I have Mountain Lion on my Mac?
If you purchased a Mac since July 2012, your Mac runs Mountain Lion.
If not, you can check by clicking on Apple on the Menu Bar --> About this Mac
Mountain Lion is Version 10.8.x, like below:
Note that this tutorial might also be applicable to users with Lion 10.7.x and Snow Leopard 10.6.x.
Installing the iPrint client on Mac OS X with Mountain Lion (Student)
Once the iPrint client is installed, use Safari to go to the printer installation page and select the printer you want to set up. (You must be on campus to complete this second step).
- If you already have the iPrint client installed on your computer, uninstall it before going into this tutorial. You can do this by going to your Applications in Finder, and click on "iPrint Uninstallation."
- Visit Apple's Support Page and click Download. This will install the proper drivers/software that allows Mountain Lion to be compatiable with our printers.
- Next, download the iPrint client installer. If a window appears and asks what to do with the file, choose "Save to disk" and allow it to save the file on your desktop.
- When the download completes, go to your desktop or downloads folder and double click on "iprint.dmg", which looks like this:
- A window will appear with an icon labeled "iprint.pkg". Double click on the icon, which looks like this:
- Follow the prompts of the installer. When the installer has finished, click "Close".
- Close Safari completely (by choosing "Quit Safari" from the Safari menu) to complete the installation. You might want to bookmark this page first so you can come back to it!
(keywords: printers, printing, mountain lion)Last Modified: 2013/02/14