Import Content from Another Moodle Course (Faculty/Staff)
Note: The information in this article is still valid, however, as of 2015-16 there is an easier, faster method to import course content from previous academic years. See http://go.augsburg.edu/courserestor
Original article below:
The import tool in Moodle allows instructors to select content from one course in the same academic year (does not work to move Fall 2015 content to Fall of 2016) and copy it into another. Types of content that can be migrated include resources, labels, activities, and assignments. The import function does not migrate any user-specific data. Users must have a teacher role in both the source and destination courses in order to use the import function.
The Import tool can only be used between two courses existing in the same academic year or between two courses in the Moodle Community sites. To import content from previous years, see this article.
- In the course you want to add content to, select Import in the Settings block.
- Choose the course you wish to import data from (use the search option to find a course not listed). Press Continue.
- Select the data types you wish to import. Click Next; specify the topic(s) to be imported, then click Next again. Make sure everything is correct. If so, continue on to Perform input. If not, click previous and make your changes now.
- Click continue to finish and go back to the main Moodle page.
- Consider hiding your upcoming Moodle course from students while you work on updating the content. Instructions here: http:go.augsburg.edu/hidecourse
Last Modified: 2016/5/03