Grade categories help you to organize your assignments in the gradebook. Categories can also be used to apply weighted grading and other aggregation methods to groups of grade items.
- Navigate to the course Grades from the Settings block under Course administration.
- Once in Grades, select the Setup tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Add Category button.
- Enter a value in the Category name field (ex. "Quizzes", "Assignments", etc.)
**Note** The advanced settings (denoted by the green asterisk) can be hidden by clicking on "Show less...".
- Click the Save changes button. Your new category will appear as the last item in the Categories and items layout and in the Grader report.
To edit a category, see Moodle Grades: Category Settings
Last Modified: 2015/07/09