By default, grade items appear as the "Real" values in the Moodle gradebook, generally this results in the points earned being displayed. To change the format all grade items:
- From the Administration block, click "Gradebook Setup".
- Click the "Course Grade Settings" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Grade display type" field and change the drop-down to the desired format.
- Default Real / Real shows the point value.
- Percentage shows the point value earned divided by the total points possible.
- Letter shows the percentage converted to a letter (or number) value based on entries in the Letters tab. Note: These do need to be entered to reflect the grade equivalents listed in your syllabus.
- Real (letter) shows the point value with the letter grade in parenthesis. Percentages already show for students in their User Report.
Other Knowledgebase articles: