Luther Seminary - How to Use the Zoom Cart
Posted by Evan Meester on 06 July 2018 12:45 PM
Jake (from Events) moves the zoom cart, but he is not in charge of troubleshooting it!
Steps to Using the Zoom Cart
1. Before doing anything else, make sure that the following are turned on:
2. Plug in the ethernet cable to the wall. You will need to do this to log into the computer and to have internet access for your Zoom session.
3. Log into the computer using your Luther Seminary Credentials.
4. Open up a web browser. Type in https://luthersem.zoom.us to the URL.
5. Click the gray "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner.
6. Login with your Luther Seminary credentials (username and password).
7. Find the meeting you have been invited to or create your own meeting. This can be done by clicking the blue "Join a Meeting" button at the top or the blue "Host a Meeting". You may also have a direct link to your meeting, which you can type into the top.
For more in-depth information on how to use Zoom, follow these links:
No Signal Warning
If the zoom cart has been used for something other than zoom (powerpoint, video, etc.), it has likely had its input switched on the TV (likely to HDMI 2). If this is the case then make sure that the HDMI is still attached to the CPU on the cart and then,
1. Use the TV remote and hit the input button (upper left-hand side)
2. Use the arrow keys to navigate to HDMI 3
3. Wait a few seconds to see if the signal comes through
How to Use the Zoom Cart Camera:
1. The camera is controlled by the Logitech remote, which is located in the panel that flips up on the right side of the cart.
2. Move the camera up or down by using the central circular remote buttons WITHOUT pressing the home button.
To zoom in/out, press the buttons on the right side of the central circular area. To control the volume of the TV, use the separate volume button on the left.