The E-Learning Team recommends that all instructors install the Moodle Course Template (a pre-formatted pattern that incorporates online course design best-practices) in their course(s). The template is intended as a time-saver for instructors, but it also ensures consistency in course design to reduce unnecessary structural stress for students. Note: Go to the Faculty Moodle Resource http://go.augsburg.edu/fmr > "Course Design" section to view the template.
- The template includes resources useful to students (e.g., information about how to access technical help, etc.) as well as a generic course outline.
- In the course into which you want to import the Template, scroll down to the "Faculty Course Archive" block. Click the + sign to open the block.
- Click on the radio button next to the Moodle Course Template (immediately below the heading "Current Template." Then scroll down to the bottom of the block and click "Restore."
- The next screen will have lots of information on it. Simply scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Continue."
- In the next step, the proper button will already be checked (you want to "Merge the backup course into this course"). So simply click "Continue."
- Then click "Next"
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page yet again, and click "Perform restore." It may take a few minutes for the template to be installed. When it is done, you will receive a message confirming this. Click "Continue," and it will return you to the main page of the course where you will be able to use the template to build your course.