New items added to a Moodle course end up at the end of the grade book. To move items individually or as a group to a different category or chronology, follow these steps:
- From the main course page under the Administration block, click "Gradebook setup.
- Find the activity or category folder to be moved and click the up/down arrows to the left of the item.
- The window will refresh and items in the gradebook will appear with empty boxes before and after. Click the box where the item is to be placed.
- The screen will refresh again and the individual item will be moved to its new location.
- To move multiple items at one time, start from the same place: at the Setup tab in the Gradebook for Categories and Items. Then, scroll to the right until the Select column appears. Click the checkboxes for any items to be moved to a different category.
- At the bottom left of the page, click the drop down for "Move selected items to" and choose the proper category. The items will be moved.
Learn about creating grade categories at http://go.augsburg.edu/addcategory.