You can do a quick check of student participation in a Moodle Forum by running a report on how many times a student posts to a specific forum.
- In the Administration block of the course, click on "Reports" and then on "Course participation."
- In the window that opens, select the relevant forum from the dropdown list next to "Activity module."
- From the dropdown menu next to the phrase "Show only," select "Student."
- From the dropdown menu next to "Show actions," select "Post"and then click "Go."
- The report will show the number of posts (both original discussion threads AND replies to other students' posts) students have made.
- If you have more than 20 students (only 20 names are listed on a page), at the bottom of the page click on "Show all..." to display all of the results.
(keywords: forum, moodle, posts, post, report)
Last Modified: 2017/02/22