Service for Residential Students
Augsburg College provides one active (local) phone line in each student residence. The exceptions are the fourth-floor suites in the Oren Gateway Center, which are provided with more than one line due to the large number of residents in those suites.
In most residence halls, you must supply your own phone handset, which can be connected with a standard telephone cord. Oren Gateway Center is equipped with a VOIP telephone system which requires special equipment; telephone handsets are pre-installed in OGC residences.
Long Distance Service
Augsburg College does not provide long distance service for students living in residence halls. If you wish to make long distance calls from your residence hall, you may use a calling card issued through your home phone provider, a pre-paid calling card, or your own cell phone.
Reporting Problems with your Phone Line
Please contact the TechDesk at 612-330-1400 if you experience problems with the telephone line in your residence hall.
Voicemail and Call Waiting
Augsburg College offers students the choice of adding voicemail or call waiting services to their phones in their residence halls. Either service is available for $20 per semester or $40 for the full academic year. The rate for summer (May through August) is also $20.
To sign up for voicemail or call waiting, fill out the online application.
Voicemail/Call Waiting FAQ’s
In response to some of the more frequently asked questions:
http://go.augsburg.edu/stuphoneLast Modified: 2013/05/08
- Applications may be completed at any time, but charges will not be pro-rated.
- You must reapply for service at the beginning of each new academic year.
- Services applied for prior to the beginning of the school year or semester will usually be installed prior to the first day of classes of the indicated term. At all other times, service will be installed within five (5) business days.
- School year residents remaining on campus during the summer must apply for summer service (transfers are acceptable).
- Billing for telecommunications services will be notated on the student's fee statement.
- Only one application is required per telephone line. The cost of service can be paid for by an individual resident, or split equally among roommates.