RemoteLab: Off-Campus Computer Lab for Student use (Windows and Mac)
Posted by Dan Hoisington on 03 September 2009 02:40 PM
RemoteLab is available to Augsburg College students who need access to Computer Lab applications from off-campus. remotelab.augsburg.edu hosts these applications through Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. To connect to remotelab.augsburg.edu you'll need a broadband internet connection. Printing to Campus printers will not be available from RemoteLab, but you will be able to print to your printer attached to your PC.
Connect to RemoteLab from a Windows PC (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8):
1. Right-click the following link and choose save-as to download the client configuration: RemoteLab Client
Connect to RemoteLab from Mac OS X using Microsoft Remote Desktop ConnectionVia Download:
1. Right-click the following link and choose Save Link As... to download the client configuration: Microsoft Remote Desktop
2. When the download completes, Open the installer from the location that you saved the download.
3. Inside the Quick Connect text box type remotelab.augsburg.edu and press enter
4. Enter your Augsburg username and password.
Or you can manually configure your Mac client to connect to remotelab.augsburg.edu:
1. Browse to Macintosh HD > Applications > Remote Desktop Connection
2. Enter remotelab.augsburg.edu into the Computer field.
3. Choose Connect.
4. Enter your Augsburg username and password. In the Domain field, enter AD. Choose OK.
5. You may receive a warning dialog that "The identity of the remote computer cannot be verified. Do you want to connect anyway?" Choose Connect.
Note: If you do not have the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Mac OS X you can download it for free at Microsoft Remote Desktop
(key words: remotelab, remote, lab, off campus)
http://go.augsburg.edu/remotelabLast Modified: 2015/03/16