Installing LaTeX (ProTeXt for Windows)
- Download 'ProTeXt-3.1.3-060313.exe' from www.tug.org/protext/ or directely from CTAN: http://mirror.math.ku.edu/tex-archive/systems/windows/protext/
- Double-click 'ProTeXt-3.1.3-060313.exe' and select “Run” and then select “Extract”. Desktop is the default folder location or you can designate destination
- Open the ProText Folder and double-click SetUp.exe
• Install MikTeX from the ProTeXt Panel
• Choose 'Complete MikTeX'
• Choose 'Anyone who uses this computer (all users)'
• Install MikTeX to 'C:\Program Files\MikTeX 2.9' (default)
• Change 'Preferred paper' to Letter
• Set 'Install missing packages on the fly' to YES
• Start the installation
• Click Finish when done
- Install the TeXstudio
• In the window that opened after running 'setup.exe' click the second install box.
• Use all Defaults
Installing LaTeX (MacTeX for Mac OS X)
http://go.augsburg.edu/installlatexLast Modified: 2013/05/09
- Download the MacTeX distribution package 'MacTeX.pkg' from www.tug.org/mactex/
- Double-click MacTeX.pkg to install and follow all default settings.