Upload Multiple Feedback Files Using a Zip File
If you like to make comments on files (such as using Track Changes in a Word document, or adding comments to a PDF), you can return annotated feedback files to students through a Moodle Assignment. Additionally, Moodle can save you a lot of time by automatically matching feedback files to the correct student.
On your course page, click the name of an assignment activity. The assignment page will open and display the description of the assignment and a summary of submissions.
- Below the summary, click View/grade all submissions. The Submissions page will open.
- Above the table of submissions (top left), in the Grading actions drop-down menu, click Choose and select Download all submissions. Submissions will automatically download to your computer as a .zip archive.
- Unzip the .zip archive on your computer (usually done by double-clicking). You will see a folder containing multiple files each beginning with students' names.
- Open individual files to add your annotations, and save files to record your changes.
Important: Do not change file names when saving, otherwise Moodle will not be able to correctly upload feedback files.
- Create a new .zip file (Right-click (PC) or Command-click (Mac) and Compress or Zip your folder of assignment files)
- On the assignment Submissions page, above the table of submissions (top left), in the Grading actions drop-down menu, click Choose and select Upload multiple feedback files in a zip. TheUpload multiple feedback files in a zip page will open.
- Drag and drop the new .zip file into the Upload a file box. (Alternatively, click Choose a file... to open the File picker pop-up window where you can manually select the file from your computer.)
- After the .zip file has been selected, click Import feedback file(s). The Confirm zip upload page will open displaying a list of all files you have modified.
- Click Confirm to upload the files. A confirmation screen will open showing the total number of uploaded files. Click Continue to return to the Submissions page.