This article will show you the necessary steps for scanning your documents into an electronic form using the OCR (optical character recognition) capability. OCR is a way for the scanner to recognize text and allow a computer to manipulate the text for editing in programs such as Microsoft Word.
- Place your document on the top bed of the machine with the text face up.
- Select the option for "Scan and Send"
- You will be brought to a new screen. Click on "New Destination"
- Click on "Email"
- Type in your email address and then hit "OK"
- Confirm your email address and hit "OK" once more
! When using the OCR Scanner you have the option of emailing your document as a PDF, XMS, or OOXML file. By default the scanner is set to a PDF format. If you would like to change the format continue down the remaining steps otherwise skip down to step 9 to use the deafult PDF format.
- Optional: Click on the PDF compact button.
- Optional: Select which format you would like the document to be emailed in. Be sure that the "OCR Text Searchable setting is selected when choosing which file type (the OCR setting allows the editing of text).
- Press the Green Button to send. Your document will appear in your email inbox folder as an attachment shortly.
(Keywords: OCR, scanner, PDF)
Last Updated: 2015/03/18