The Augsburg-Guest wireless network is available to all users with Augsburg accounts, although faculty, staff, and students should always try to use the "Augsburg" wireless network whenever possible. Visitors to the campus may also access this wireless network using a guest wireless account. To receive the guest wireless account information, contact the Tech Desk (students), your LFC (faculty and staff) or Event Services.
You do not need to install any software or meet any security requirements to use this network. While connected to this network, you can view both normal and secure web pages. Notice: The Augsburg-Guest wireless network provides limited network functionality. Programs such as e-mail clients, IM programs and campus printing will not work.
1. Let your computer auto-detect available wireless networks.
2. If you are in an area with wireless access, a network named Augsburg-Guest will be detected. Select that network and allow your computer to connect.
3. Open a web browser. When you open this web browser a portal should open up where you will have to login with the wirelessguest credentials.
4. Enter your AugNet username and password (or guest account information) and click Log In.
5. After logging in, you will be able to access other web sites by typing their addresses into your web browser.
If the portal does not open up in your web browser try refreshing the page or switching to a different browser such as FireFox for example.
Last Modified: 2013/05/07
(keywords: guest, wireless, visitor, reviewed15)