A few tips on using/setting up the Zoom H2:
- Check the battery level indicator in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Use the < > arrows to select which mics are active and how many channels (Surround 2CH and 4CH both use both front and rear microphones)
- Check the date and time in the menu (last menu item) - this will help when downloading the recordings so you know when they were recorded
- Select the appropriate recording format and bitrate - WAV format and higher bitrates decrease the amount of time you can record on the 512MB SD card. A midrange MP3 bitrate allows for several hours of recording time. After leaving the menu, the remaining recording time allowed is listed in the lower right corner of the display
- Delete files from previous users - Menu | File | select | delete
- Press the record button once
- Adjust levels using the Mic gain switch on the side
- Press the record button a second time, now you are recording.
- Press the record button a third time and recording stops, the file is saved automatically.