Windows 10 - How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using Taskbar
Using the Taskbar is the most straightforward way to connect to a new Wi-Fi network. Here's how:
- Click on the wireless icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. (If you don't see the button, click the up arrow button on the left.)
Note: Alternatively, you can open Action Center (Windows key + A), and then click the Network button in the Quick actions section to access the network flyout.
- Select the wireless network you want to connect to.
- Check the Connect automatically option (optional).
- Click the Connect button.
- Quick Tip: If you don't see any network listed, click the Wi-Fi button to turn on the adapter.
- Enter the network security key (password).
- Click the Next button.
Once you complete these steps, you will be connected to the network using a wireless connection.
Windows 10 - How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using Settings
Using the "Network & Security" settings page, you can set up Wi-Fi connections manually, and then when your device is in range, it'll connect automatically. Here's how:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & Security.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click the Manage known networks link.
Click the Add a new network button.
Enter the network name.
Use the drop-down menu to select the Security type. (Usually, the security type is WPA2-Personal AES.)
Enter the network security key (password).
- Check the Connect automatically option.
- Check the Connect even if this network is not broadcasting option (optional).
- Click the Save button.
After completing these steps, your computer will connect automatically to the Wi-Fi network you specified.
Link for support article with further instructions
Windows 7 - How to connect to Home WiFi
- Open Connect to a network.
From the system tray (located next to the clock), click the Wireless network icon.
Alternate navigation: click Start > Control Panel > View network status and tasks > Connect to a network.
- Click the preferred wireless network.
Wireless networks will not be available without a module installed.
- Click Connect.
If desired, ensure Connect automatically is selected.
- Enter the Security key then click OK.
You can obtain the security key from the screen of the Jetpack or by accessing the administration page.
Mac and Apple - How to connect to Wifi
Link to Apple's Support Website
Click in the menu bar, then choose a network. If Wi-Fi is off, click , then select Turn Wi-Fi On.*
If you connect to a public Wi-Fi network, a window might appear with terms and conditions you're asked to agree to before you can connect.
Connect to a secure Wi-Fi network
Secure Wi-Fi networks are password-protected and have by their names.
- Click in the menu bar. If Wi-Fi is off, click , then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.*
- Choose a network.
- Enter the password, then click Join. If you don't know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact the network administrator.
How to Use Ethernet
To connect to the Internet over a wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable between your router or modem and the Ethernet port on your Mac.
Some Macs require an Ethernet adapter like the Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, or the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
iPhone and iPad - How to set up a Personal Hotspot
A Personal Hotspot lets you share the cellular data connection of your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) when you don't have access to a Wi-Fi network.
Set up Personal Hotspot
- Go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the slider next to Allow Others to Join.
If you don't see the option for Personal Hotspot, contact your carrier to make sure that you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.
Your personal hotspot will show up under your home Wifi options and you will be able to connect your hotspot to your computer.
Android Mobile Devices - How to setup a hotspot connection
- Open the Settings app
- Select the Network & internet option
- Select Hotspot & tethering
- Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot
- This page has options for turning the hotspot feature on and off. Additionally, you can change the network name, security type, password, and more;
- Follow instructions to customize the hotspot feature to your liking.
Link for support article for setting up and using a hotspot on an Android mobile device