Clear your password for wireless networks on mobile devices
To prevent the risk of account lockouts after changing your Augsburg password, these steps should be taken on your non-Augsburg provided mobile devices. It is recommended to verify passwords are cleared for any Augsburg wireless networks (Augsburg and Augsburg Guest).
iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Tap Settings > Wi‑Fi
- Tap the blue " i " icon next to the Augsburg network
- Select Forget this network. If you do not see the option to forget a particular network, then that network has not been used by that device.
- Reconnect with your current password
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi
- Tap and hold (long press) the wireless network name.
- Select "Forget". If you do not see the option to forget a particular network, then that network has not been used by that device.
- Reconnect with your current password.
- Security is MVCHAPV2 (do not connect to a certificate).
How to Delete a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen
- Click Network settings
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted
- Reconnect to the Augsburg and Augsburg-Guest Wi-Fi networks and enter the new username and password
Forget a Wireless Network in Mac OS X video (23 seconds)
- Select the Wi-Fi symbol along the top menu bar and click on Open Network Preferences at the bottom of the drop down menu
- Click on Wi-Fi in the menu on the left and click Advanced located at the bottom right of the pop-up window
- Select Augsburg (and Augsburg-Guest if it appears) and click the minus sign. Click OK
Last Updated: 2019/05/30