If you save a file to a computer in one of Augsburg's Labs only to realize it has been deleted, you may still be able to recover it.
- First, navigate to "Computer" in Windows on an Augsburg computer. Usually this can be found in the Start menu. Find your student drive (Labeled with your username) and right click on it. You will see an option that says "Salvage Files" next to the letter N. You can then find the file you are looking for in a list. Select it and click "Salvage File." The file will probably begin "AutoRecovery"
- You may find that the salvaged file is not the format you initally saved it in. For example, a Word Document may be saved as a file ending in ".asd" or something similar. Opening them varies between applications.
- For instructions opening a Word document (the most common filetype needing to be recovered) you may check Microsoft's website here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316951
- For recovering and Excel file instructions are here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-a-corrupted-workbook-HA102749554.aspx
- If you are still having trouble, come by the Tech Desk and we can help.