1. Make sure your computer meets the conditions listed under “Wireless Requirements for Windows computer.”
2. Let your computer auto-detect available wireless networks.
3. If you are in an area with wireless access, a network named Augsburg will be detected. Select that network and allow your computer to connect.
4. If the SafeConnect policy key is already installed on your computer, you will be prompted to log in once a month. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
5. When you launch your favorite browser, it will automatically display the Wireless Internet login page. (If it does not, click the “Reload” button in your web browser).
6. Enter your AugNet username and password in the Wireless Internet login page, and click “Submit”.
7. After you log in, the system will prompt you to download and install the SafeConnect Policy key. Click the [Download] button to download the installer. After downloading the installer, double-click on it to install the Key on your computer.
8. When the Key is finished installing, it will open and ask you to log in. Log in with your AugNet username and password.
The SafeConnect must be able to access the internet before it will pop up. If you have a personal firewall program installed on your computer (such as Norton Internet Security) you may need to configure that firewall program to allow the SafeConnect to access the internet.
9. The Key will check your computer to see if it meets the security requirements. If it does, you may now open your web browser to view pages.
10. If your computer does not meet all requirements, you will be directed to a web page that will explain what you need to do in order to meet those requirements. Your internet access on the Augsburg network will be restricted until all requirements are met.
You may connect your laptop to a different network named Augsburg-Guest even if your computer does not meet the security requirements for the Augsburg network.
When you are not on Augsburg’s campus, SafeConnect will be dormant on your computer and will not affect your ability to connect to other wireless or non-wireless networks.
(keywords: safeconnect, windows, compliance)
Last Modified: 2013/05/07