Choosing a Strong Password
Posted by Dan Hoisington on 09 April 2009 05:30 PM
- The longer the password, the more secure it will be. Augsburg passwords should be at least 8 characters long.
- Avoid using passwords that include your date of birth, graduation year(s), name, or parts of your name. This information is easily searchable, so you should avoid using it.
- Have a password that includes at least three of the following: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, symbols.
- If you feel that your account has been compromised, change the password immediately.
- Update your security questions.
- Let your contacts know that your account may have sent out a malicious email or other fake content. People should delete it without opening it.
- If it is your Augsburg account and you clicked on an spam or virus email, let IT know as soon as possible.
http://go.augsburg.edu/goodpasswordLast Modified: 2018/02/15