GNU Octave (v3.2.4) and QTOctave (v0.9.1) Installation Guide for Windows
GNU Octave Download:
- Go to http://octave.sourceforge.net/.
- Click “Windows installer (Octave and Octave-Forge)”.
- Download and run the executable file.
GNU Octave Installation:
- Check Octave Forge components. (Leave FFTW3 and ATLAS Libraries with default settings.)
- Keep default for destination folder.
- Click Install.
* Note: Octave must be installed for QTOctave to work
- Go to http://qtoctave.wordpress.com/download/
- Click the link under ">> Windows:" to go to the latest build
- Download the available qtocatve zip file. (Open with Windows Explorer)
- Choose "Extract all files" in the window that appears.
- (Recommended but optional) CHANGE destination folder to C:\Octave\
- Once extracted, open destination folder qtoctave\bin\
- Right-click qtoctave.exe and choose "Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)"
- Launch QTOctave.
You will receive a warning at launch about selecting the Octave executable:
- In the Config menu, choose General Configuration, then click Octave.
- Browse to or enter the Octave Path: C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\bin\octave.exe
(When browsing to select the file you may see two files named octave in this directory. Do not select the one with the blue octave application image; it is just an icon file. The other is the executable)
- Quit and Restart QTOctave to apply changes.
(keywords: octave, download, install, installation)
Last Modified: 2015/03/17